Book Review! Deaf takes a Holiday by #Author Charles Land

9/24/2016 , , 0 Comments



This is a good story. I really enjoyed it. It was well-written, the characters were well-developed, and the tale flowed nicely. What I honestly loved the most about it was the main character Les and his side-kick D’arcy. They had great chemistry, and I loved the banter between them. I also thought it was clever throwing in cult references like the game of Clue when they were talking about the murder case they were working on solving. I think Charles has a knack for writing romance if he so desired to do so. Just sayin’.

The main character Les is easily likable. He’s a war vet who lost his hearing while serving his country. He’s also a sharp shooter and is knowledgeable in firearms. He’s basically a loner who gets offered a job to solve a murder case. He’s intelligent, insightful, and hyper aware of his other senses which he uses throughout his investigation. It’s impressive.

D’arcy is Les` interrupter. She’s in a wheelchair but manages to do her job well and not allow her handicap to slow her down.

There are so many things I like about this story. I think it’s cool how Charles wrote the characters signing to each other so the reader can follow the tale with ease and learn a thing or two about it. I like that he intertwined a tribal community into the murder mystery and did it well. I love the accuracy and detail of it all. I’d love for him to turn this into a series because it has great potential to become one. I would definitely recommend Deaf takes a Holiday to readers who loves a good mystery with strong, likable characters and suspense.

  

  

0 comments: